Christopher Columbus Quotes





By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination.

Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World.

Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier.

There are trees of a thousand sorts, and all have their several fruits; and I feel the most unhappy man in the world not to know them, for I am well assured that they are all valuable. I bring home specimens of them, and also of the land.

Gold is a treasure, and he who possesses it does all he wishes to in this world, and succeeds in helping souls into paradise.

As soon as I arrived in the Indies, in the first island which I found, I took some of the natives by force, in order that they might learn and might give me information of whatever there is in these parts. And so it was that they soon understood us, and we them, either by speech or by signs, and they have been very serviceable.

These people are very unskilled in arms... with 50 men they could all be subjected and made to do all that one wished.

No one should fear to undertake any task in the name of our Saviour, if it is just and if the intention is purely for His holy service.

But in truth, should I meet with gold or spices in great quantity, I shall remain till I collect as much as possible, and for this purpose I am proceeding solely in quest of them.

I am a most noteworthy sinner, but I have cried out to the Lord for grace and mercy, and they have covered me completely. I have found the sweetest consolation since I made it my whole purpose to enjoy His marvellous Presence.





Fourni par Blogger.